OTHER INFORMATION – Affiliates and other links
Useful Links – Local information and partner groups.
The following links are to local information sites and partner organisations, using the link will open a new tab.
Camboats accept no liability for content of external sites.
Cambridge Fish Preservation & Angling Society – provide top class fishing on over 30 miles of river bank, five lakes, four pits and one pond. Their waters provide a quality environment for all anglers, including families, match fishermen, sport fishermen and specimen hunters
Cam Conservators – the statutory navigation authority for the River Cam from Bottisham Lock to the Mill Pond in Cambridge.
The Conservators’ mission is to:
- maintain the River Cam between Mill Pit and Bottisham Lock in a good navigable condition
- strike a balance between the needs of all the river users and riverside landowners and residents
manage the river in a manner sensitive to environmental interests.
Cam Valley Forum – a voluntary group, established in 2001. They work with an extensive network of partners to protect and improve the environment of the River Cam and its tributaries.
- They help identify, monitor and tackle problems affecting the river.
- They build new collaborations and initiatives to improve the river and its surroundings.
- They campaign for improvements and advise on projects that may affect the river.
- They promote understanding of the river environment, including through workshops, guided walks and training of volunteers.
Cambridge Museum of Technology – Based in the original pumping station for Cambridge, the Museum of Technology exists to preserve and exhibit material that is relevant to the Cambridge area, either by its use or its invention.