PUBLIC TRIPS – Starting at Jesus Lock
Camboats popular hop-on trips are available from two key locations.
The Plough at Fen Ditton and from Jesus Lock close to the city centre.
From Jesus Lock trips run on the hour, mainly April through to September.
Check the THIS WEEKS PUBLIC TRIPS page for daily updates
Hop-on public trips – Jesus Lock
45 minute round trips starting just above, or just below the lock. Look for the Camboats sign boards. Let a member of the Camboats crew know you are waiting for a trip.
Route covers: Jesus Green, Midsummer Common, the college and local rowing club boathouses, and Riverside, then return back to Jesus Lock.
Round Trip Start Times: 11am, 12 noon, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm
One-way Jesus Lock to The Plough at Fen Ditton. 5pm departure, arriving at The Plough just before 6pm.
Pre-booking available up to 2 days in advance to avoid disappointment.
Public trips subject to availability.
For the most up to date info check THIS WEEKS TRIPS page.
If the boats are fully booked for private trips, this can disrupt the public trips timetable.
Low Season: mainly 3-4 days a week including weekends.
Peak Summer: 6-7 days a week.
Public Trip Prices
- Adult = 16 years old and over
- Child = Under 16
- Family = Up to 2 Adults, Up to 3 children, (Babies under 18 months free)
45 min round trips Adult £12.50, Children £8, Family Ticket £30
45 minute one-way Adult £12.50, Children £8, Family Ticket £30
- To get to Jesus Lock is short stroll from the city centre via Jesus Green, or along the river at Quayside.
- Lots of on-street public parking with city council meters opposite the Arundel House Hotel. CB4 3AN.
- Chesterton Road is also the location of an official set of coach drop-off bays.
- Public toilets available at Jesus Lock. Accessible one with a RADAR scheme key.
- Another major landmark close by is Jesus Green Lido – outdoor swimming pool.
- Jesus Lock marks the transition from the college ‘backs’ on the middle river, to the main navigable stretch known as the ‘lower river’.
- Chesterton Road is also home to Stop 4 on the Round-Trip Tourist Bus Route.