PUBLIC TRIPS – Starting at The Plough, Fen Ditton
Camboats popular hop-on trips are available from two key locations.
The Plough at Fen Ditton and from Jesus Lock close to the city centre.
From here at The Plough trips are an on-demand style, mainly April thought to September.
Check the THIS WEEKS PUBLIC TRIPS page for daily updates
Hop-on public trips – The Plough
30 or 45 minute round trips starting from the moorings in the pub garden. Look for the Camboats sign boards. Let a member of the crew know you are waiting for a trip.
Route covers downstream towards Baits Bite Lock, or upstream towards Chesterton Stourbridge Common.
Round Trip Start Times: 12 noon through to 5pm (usually aboard ‘Princess Charlotte’).
Princess Charlotte – Eco-Solar Electric Catamaran
- Pre-booking available up to 2 days in advance to avoid disappointment.
- Public trips are subject to availability. If boats are booked for private trips, this can change the public trips timetable.
- For the most up to date info check THIS WEEKS TRIPS page.
- Low Season mainly weekends only. Peak Summer 5-7 days a week.
Public Trip Prices
- Adult = 16 years old and over
- Child = Under 16
- Family = Up to 2 Adults, Up to 3 children, (Babies under 18 months free)
45 min round trips Adult £12, Children £8, Family Ticket £30
30 min round trips Adult £10, Children £7, Family Ticket £25
45 minute one-way Adult £12, Children £8, Family Ticket £30
The Plough at Fen Ditton is a village pub nestling just outside the city boundary of Cambridge. Easily accessible from the A14 coming from the East or West.
The pub is a popular haunt of the locals, and many from the city centre. Stunning riverside garden and an extensive menu.
The trips from The Plough are mainly operated by ‘Princess Charlotte’, the ideal boat for those wanting easy access or wheelchair users, as the garden is flat and with the use of a wheelchair ramp allows direct access to the boat.
The pub has a spacious car park with dedicated Blue Badge bays close to the entrance.