This Privacy and Data Protection Policy sets out our commitment to protecting personal data and how we implement that commitment with regards to the collection and use of personal data. It reflects the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulations.
Camboats are committed to:
- Ensuring that we comply with the six data protection principles, as listed below.
- Ensuring that data is collected and used lawfully, fairly and transparently.
- Collecting only the minimum personal information required for these purposes and not processing excessive personal information.
- Maintaining an inventory of the categories of personal information processed by us.
- Processing personal data only where this is strictly necessary for legitimate organisational purposes.
- Taking steps to ensure that personal data is accurate and kept up to date.
- Retaining personal information only for so long as necessary for legal or regulatory reasons or, for legitimate organisational purposes.
- Respecting individuals’ rights in relation to their personal information, including their right of subject access.
- Ensuring that a Data Protection Officer is appointed to monitor this policy, liaise and co-operate with the Information Commissioner’s office and to deal with any queries or subject access requests.
- The application of the various exemptions allowable by data protection legislation.
- Ensuring that all staff are made aware of good practice in data protection and providing adequate training for all staff responsible for personal data.
- Ensuring that everyone handling personal data knows where to find further guidance
- Ensuring that queries about data protection, internal and external to the organisation, are dealt with effectively and promptly.
- Adopting internal policies and implement measures which meet the principles of data protection by design and data protection by default.
- Ensuring that we and anyone processing personal data shall implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk.
- Take appropriate steps to manage risk arising out of data processing and the rights and freedoms of data subjects.
- Only transferring personal information outside the UK in circumstances where it can be adequately protected.
Six Data Protection Principles
1. Personal data shall be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
2. Personal data shall be collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes.
3. Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary.
4. Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
5. Personal data is retained only for as long as necessary.
6. Personal data shall be processed in an appropriate manner to maintain security.
Google Analytics cookies: These cookies are used to help record your use of this website. They are used to collect statistics about site usage such as when you last visited the site. This information is then used to improve the user experience on our website. The cookies contain randomly generated IDs used to recognise your browser when you read a page. The cookies contain no personal information and are used only for web analytics.
Help on how to delete or reject cookies: If you do not want to receive cookies from this website, select cookie settings under your privacy settings in your browser options, then add our domain to the list of websites you do not want to accept cookies from. Under settings you can also delete individual cookies or any cookies that your browser has stored.
You can ask us to rectify any personal information which is incomplete or inaccurate. You may also ask us to erase such data once processing is no longer necessary or if you object to processing or consider that we are processing it unlawfully. We will consider such requests and if we refuse, we will give reasons.
Data Controller Information – Any enquiries about personal data use or this data policy should be addressed in the first instance via email to the Data Controller at
info @ camboats.co.uk – alternatively use the contact info form.